Himalaya Liv.52 DS 60 Tablets
Himalaya Drug Company
Liv. 52 DS also diminishes the lipotropic (compounds that help catalyze the breakdown of fat) effect in chronic alcoholism and prevents fatty infiltration of the liver. In pre-cirrhotic conditions, Liv. 52 DS arrests the progress of cirrhosis and prevents further liver damage.
Guarantee Safe Checkout
- Hepatoprotective action: The natural ingredients in Liv.52 DS exhibit potent hepatoprotective properties against chemically-induced hepatotoxicity. It restores the functional efficiency of the liver by protecting the hepatic parenchyma and promoting hepatocellular regeneration. The antiperoxidative activity of Liv.52 DS prevents the loss of functional integrity of the cell membrane, maintains cytochrome P-450 (a large and diverse group of enzymes, which catalyze the oxidation of organic substances), hastens the recovery period and ensures early restoration of hepatic functions in infective hepatitis. It facilitates the rapid elimination of acetaldehyde (produced by the oxidation of ethanol that is popularly believed to cause hangovers) and ensures protection from alcohol-induced hepatic damage. Liv.52 DS also diminishes the lipotropic (compounds that help catalyze the breakdown of fat) effect in chronic alcoholism and prevents fatty infiltration of the liver. In pre-cirrhotic conditions, Liv.52 DS arrests the progress of cirrhosis and prevents further liver damage.
- Improves appetite: In anorexia and less than optimal growth and weight gain, Liv 52 DS Himalaya normalizes the basic appetite-satiety rhythm. It also addresses loss of appetite during pregnancy. As a daily health supplement, Liv.52 DS improves appetite, digestion and assimilation processes and promotes weight gain.
- Liv 52 DS Himalaya is a double strength hepatospecific formulation, designed for the treatment and management of liver disorders.
- Please consult your physician to prescribe the dosage that best suits the condition.
- The Caper Bush (Himsra) contains p-methoxy benzoic acid, which is a potent hepatoprotective. It prevents the elevation of malondialdehyde (biomarker for oxidative stress) levels in plasma and hepatic cells. Caper Bush also inhibits the ALT and AST enzyme levels and improves the functional efficiency of the liver and spleen. Flavonoids present in the Caper Bush exhibit significant antioxidant properties, as well.
- Chicory (Kasani) protects the liver against alcohol toxicity. It is also a potent antioxidant, which can be seen by its free radical scavenging property. The hepatoprotective property of Chicory suppresses the oxidative degradation of DNA in tissue debris.
- For the prevention and treatment of viral hepatitis, alcoholic liver disease, pre-cirrhotic conditions and early cirrhosis, anorexia, loss of appetite and liver damage due to radiation therapy
- Liver disorders including fatty liver associated with protein-energy malnutritionJaundice and loss of appetite during pregnancy
- As an adjuvant during prolonged illness and convalescence
- As a adjuvant to hemodialysis
- As an adjuvant to hepatotoxic drugs like anti-tubercular drugs, statins, chemotherapeutic agents and antiretrovirals
Side effects: Abana is not known to have any side effects if taken as per the prescribed dosage.
Available as a tablet.
*The information on this page should not be used as substitute for professional medical advice. Do not use this information to diagnose or treat your problem without consulting your doctor.
Liv.52 DS is a double strength hepatospecific formulation, designed for the treatment and management of liver disorders.